Which Restaurant Segment best describes my company
Which department at the restaurant corporate office
What is your profession
•I have completed the Advanced Certification with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
•I have been the wine director for a multi-million dollar fine dining restaurant group in the mid-west.
•I have been in the restaurant and wine industries for fifteen years with over ten of those in management.
January 2008 – present
Purple Feet Wine Company
On Premise Specialist / Sales
• Responsible for prospecting new accounts and representing a portfolio of smaller high end producers, domestic and international.
January 2003 – January 2008
Bartolotta’s Lake Park Bistro, Milwaukee, WI
Wine Director / Manager
• Responsible for all duties involving the wine programs including buying, updating the list, inventory, cost control and staff education. The list is French only and includes wine from all of the AOC’s that are available in this state as well as all the top producers represented in WI. The list has over 300 selections.
August 1998 – September 2000
Eddie Martini’s, Milwaukee, WI
• Required having a professional service background along with the ability to sell the menu and the extensive, mainly domestic wine list.
September 1993 – August 1998
Cucina! Cucina!, Seattle, WA
Restaurant Manager / AGM
• Responsibilities included staffing, scheduling, training and development of service staff. Extensive work in financials including operating statements, general ledger, payroll and inventory. Responsible for wine list selections and front of the house staff wine education.
September 1991 – August 1993
The Space Needle, Seattle, WA
• In charge of daily operations, all front of the house staff service issues and maintaining the wine lists with a Pacific Northwest and California emphasis. Also responsible for all wine training with a focus on tasting and sales techniques.
January 1988 – August 1990
Fred Meyer, Raleigh Hills, OR
Wine Shop Buyer / Manager
• All purchasing and hand selling wine on premise. Inventories included wine from every major wine-producing region in the world. Increased wine sales to $120,000.00 per period on average.
California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
BFA Theater Arts
Portland Community College, Portland, OR
AA Hospitality and Restaurant Management
•The Court of Master Sommeliers - Advanced Certification
•The Society of Wine Educators
It's my pleasure to be the first to welcome you to our fantastic community of foodservice professionals from all over the globe. With hundreds of blogs, discussions groups and events to discover, Fohboh is the perfect place for you to connect and communicate with colleagues. Don't hesitate to contact me with comments or criticisms.
Before you get started, please check out our Community Guidelines and our FAQ. You might also watch our short FohBoh Video Tour. When you're comfortable with the lay of the land, start a blog post or join a discussion group - we're glad you're here and can't wait to hear more from you!
Director of Community Development, FohBoh